So I went to the grocery store today and yes, all the women were actually dressed like ladies. I must not be the only one ranting about that issue. Anyway, I cant believe what I saw. I was going down an isle that I usually do not go into for the fact that I go to the Dollar Tree for the items that they have in this isle. I'm talking about the paper products, baggies and junk isle. As I was zipping thru, I noticed Aluminum Foil. Because I needed it, I looked closer, backed up and kept moving! For a slim boxed roll of Aluminum Foil, they wanted $7.49! WHAT??
I wont say what store I was at or who the manufacture of this roll of foil is for the fact that I don't know if that's allowed. If so someone please tell me so and I sure will expose the 2 crooks! Where do I start with how wrong that is? In case the maker of this foil innocently does not know, they are asking for a persons whole hour of labor in exchange for a roll of they're foil! Minimum wage in Pennsylvania is a little over $7.00 and that is what most people are making if they even have a job in this state. I know for a fact that the grocery store (a well known national chain) that is selling this foil has they're employees on minimum wage for 6 plus months of employment and does not give much more in wages regardless of ANYTHING after hire. They rely on Medicare /Medicade to provide for theyre employees and the employees still qualify for foodstamps!
How do you charge $7.49 for a slim roll of Aluminum Foil? Its a slap in the face to America. Is it foreign foil? Does that make it worth more or shouldn't that make it cheaper, is that not the reason jobs were outsourced, to keep our prices lower? I don't know crap I guess. But I do know I wont be buying my foil there and contributing to the absurdity!!
No comments:
Post a Comment